Good Afternoon All!
Here we have the May edition of the Ipsy Glam Bag!
I am really excited about this bag as it brings all the summer feels together.
So here we go with our products, reviews and tips!
Benefit Cosmetics – Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
This stuff is heavenly! Are you tired of thin, skimpy looking brows? This fiber gel will
give the appearance of fuller-looking brows in seconds! It volumizes, tames and tints your brows while creating a natural-looking & buildable finish. Did I mention it’s water resistant and long-wearing?! Bonus!
Tips – How To Use It — Brow Shaping 101:
1. Find the start of your brow by holding a brush or pencil vertically next to your nose.
2. Find the end of your brow by turning that brush or pencil diagonally from your nose to the outer corner of your eye.
3. Use a spoolie to comb brows in one direction (insert Harry Styles reference here).
4. Fill in with a pencil, drawing in short strokes.
5. Fill in in any leftover sparse spots with a powder (use a dense brush to apply).
6. Blend with a spoolie.
7. Set everything in place with a brow gel.
8. Clean up the edges and define the shape using translucent powder.
Manna Kadar Cosmetics – Radiance Split Pan Bronzer and Highlighter Duo
Bronzing and highlighting are sort of like the PB&J of the makeup world. They’re fine on their own, but they’re 100% better together. I really need to master this whole contouring thing. Every time I have attempted to combine the two, I have made myself look like a semi-burnt marshmallow.
Tips – How To Use It – The Quickie Contour
No need to sculpt and bake all day. Shape up in seconds with this speedy routine:
1. Hold a brush handle against your cheek to help find the bottom of your cheekbones.
2. Apply contour shade or matte bronzer where the brush handle was.
3. Add a soft layer of contour along your temples, blending into the hairline.
4. Lightly sweep the contour or bronzer along your jawline, blending downward for natural-looking definition.
Royal & Langnickel Precision Angled Brush
Having a small, dense and angled brush head, this brush is great for applying contour shades without any absorption of product. I have never used one of these personally so this will be an experiment all in its own.
Global Beauty Care – Charcoal Wash Off Mask
Holla! HUGE mask queen over here! I can’t get enough of them! As I am sure many of you know, Charcoal has been all the rage as of late. From masks to pore strips and even as a whitening agent for teeth, it appears to be the go to for 2017.
Tips – How to use it
Massage evenly onto clean skin, making sure to avoid eyes and lips, please! Set your timer for 15 minutes, close your eyes and pretend you’re at a swanky spa in Iceland. Rinse off really well, making sure to remove every last bit.
trèStiQue – Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Tuscan Wine
Who doesn’t love a good lipstick?! I actually have a different shade (fuchsia) of the same product and love it! This colour is an intense red so it’ll be interesting to see how it suits my highly pale skin tone. Great brand and long lasting colour!
Tips – How to use it
1. Start by precisely lining lips, creating an “X” at your Cupid’s bow for extra definition.
2. Fill in evenly and blot with a tissue if needed!
So There You Have It!
Can’t wait to see what the June edition brings in!
Xoxo, Dani Girl