Good Afternoon All!
As previously mentioned, I have been really into monthly subscriptions.
This here is my absolute favourite! The Ipsy Glam Bag comes with a uniquely designed/themed bag with 5 products each month. To begin, you must set up a beauty profile in which you select your hair colour, eye colour and skin type. Each time you receive a bag, you can review the products, rate them and leave a comment. Every time you review an item, you receive points. Once you receive a certain amount of points, you can redeem them for various products based on how many you have and how many each product is worth. Just a note in this regard, be sure to check the page as often as possible as the redeemable products go like hot cakes! Most often these redeemable products come in full size as well so it’s totally worth it!
The Glam Bag Comes to just under $21/month with shipping costs included (within Canada). The best part about this bag is that you get to try a variety of products which helps you to decide what you really like instead of wasting a lot of money buying full size items that may not be for you. I honestly, only buy foundation and the rest of my makeup is solely from these bags. You can receive anything from makeup brushes, lipstick/lipgloss/lip balm, moisturizer, primer, face masks, blush, bronzer, highlighter, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow and many other wonderful items.
This monthly subscription has blown up in the past year! The creators have added so many exciting new features to the website as well! They have tutorials on most if not all products to even show you how to use/apply everything! I highly recommend this monthly subscription to any and all who enjoy experimenting with new products and hey why not just spoil yourself every month! You deserve it!
Below is the site so you can check it out for yourself!
Top Left: MicaBeauty – Highlighting Powder in Shade #3
3 Unexpected Places to Use Highlighter:
1. Lips: Dab on the Cupid’s Bow and onto the center of your lips to fake a fuller pout.
2. Eyes: Pat onto the center of your lids to create a halo effect (over shadow or on its own) for a boost of brightness.
3. Collarbone: Think below the chin! Create a faux glow by dusting highlighter onto your clavicle.
Bottom Left: Hanalei – Aloe Soothing Gel
Massage into your face and body beneath, or in place of, moisturizer.
Tip: Store in the fridge! The extra chilly gell will be great for hangovers, hot weather or after a workout!
Top Middle: Ciaté London – Mini Bamboo Bronzer in Star Island or Palm Island
The Quickie Contour
No need to sculpt and bake all day. Shape up in seconds with this speedy routine:
1. Hold a brush handle against your cheek to help find the bottom of your cheekbones.
2. Apply contour shade or matte bronzer where the brush handle was.
3. Add a soft layer of contour along your temples, blending into the hairline.
4. Lightly sweep the contour or bronzer along your jawline, blending downward for natural-looking definition.
Middle Right: Hey Honey – Bésame Mucho
For best results, apply to freshly scrubbed lips (buff away chapped lips with a makeup wipe in small circular motions). Then sweep on a light layer to prep for lipstick or lay it on thick to let your natural pucker shine.
Bottom: Luxie Beauty – Luxie Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation Brush 660
Brush Drying Hack:
It’s super important to keep moisture out of the base of your bristles, so after cleaning, hang them upside down to dry like this:
1. Hold your (now squeaky clean) brush vertically, bristle side down, against a towel rack.
2. Loop a hair tie around the base of the brush handle.
3. Pull the hair tie around the towel rack and loop over the top of the handle.
4. Let ‘em dry!
Xoxo, Dani Girl